MIXING & MASTERING
MIXING & MASTERING ARE AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE.
We are experienced in all genres. By employing the latest in hardware, outboard gear, software, and digital plug-ins our sound engineers aim to mix & master your song until it’s flawless, while always keeping your original vision in mind.
The tools are only one component of the formula. Along with the cutting-edge technology we employ, we have a strict adherence to fundamental and technical engineering principles.
Our premium standard: every engineer at PSS mixes client work as if they were working on their own intimate creation.
Whether you recorded the material with us, at another studio, or by yourself we can mix it. Clients can provide us with the audio file track outs and your Prolific Sounds Solutions engineer can mix in-studio, live over the internet with the client, or client-unattended.
F R E E U N L I M I T E D R E V I S I O N S
M I X I N G
First stage of audio production
Balances musical elements into a single song
Access to all instruments
Creating major adjustments
Long process from 1 to 8 hours
Focuses on the artist's creative intentions
M A S T E R I N G
Last stage of audio production
Balances a single stereo track
Access to only the mix
Creating minor adjustments
Short process of up to 1 hour
Focuses on the audio quality per industry standards
Drop your email to apply for a free test master or mix sample of your track. Prolific Sound Solutions is 100% confident we can take your song to the next level. We'll mix or master a 30-second sample of your song for you to get a feel for what we're all about & our proficiency in the industry.
During MIXING, your sound engineer will work to polish and bring out the best qualities within each element of your song.
We carefully and thoughtfully add warmth and maximize loudness.
We push for high-end clarity and remove noise or unwanted artifacts. We employ arrangement changes and fx that complement your style. We create and incorporate added production elements based on the client’s request.
After mixing, we MASTER the song to ensure it remains competitive in the current media release landscape.
This includes ensuring balanced and “release-ready” quality, loudness measurements and adherence to digital platform standards, meta data, and file naming conventions.
When mastering an album, we make sure there is a constant from start to finish regarding volume and acoustic style/texture.
M I X E D
M A S T E R E D
H O W I T W O R K S
MIXING is the first step to enhancing your superior sound. It involves adjusting all the individual instruments used to create a balance. Audio engineers are balancing the
This just means engineers are editing and adding instruments in the background to not overpower or underwhelm. You want listeners to hear everything your song has to offer but at the right volume. Sounds easy? Think again. Audio engineers are tasked with tweaking, manipulating, and applying a diverse set of tools (EQ, compression, saturation, reverb, delay, phasers, stereo wideners, automation, and so much more) to bring your track to life. The mix makes up 80% of your song while the other 20% comes from the master.
MASTERING only begins when the mix is done. It’s all about adding the finishing touches to your track to enhance the quality of your mix. Audio engineers are working to
AMPLIFY THE VOLUME OF THE SONG
CATCH SPECTRAL ANOMALIES OR OVERSIGHTS
PREPARE YOUR SONG TO SOUND THE SAME ON ALL PLAYBACK SYSTEMS
Engineers are using the same tools they would if they were mixing the song except they’re privileged to utilize limiters. PSS uses top of line tools and software including
DANGEROUS 2BUS ANALOG SUMMER
Whatever stage of the process your song or album is in PSS is here to amplify your sound. Already have a mix out and just need to master or just need the mix without the master?
Check out our talented audio engineers to have your song or album mixed and mastered to a professional level.
PSS is focused on creating your superior sound.
DANGEROUS 2 BUS BAX EQ
FAIRCHILD 670 COMPRESSOR/LIMITER
CHANDLER TG-12345 CURVE BENDER EQ
IZOTOPE OZONE 9 ADVANCED
FABFILTER PRO-L2 LIMITER
B E F O R E M I X I N G & M A S T E R I N G A F T E R
O N L I N E R E M O T E M I X I N G
Are you an artist that lives and creates across the globe? Can't make it to the studio? Travelling and still want to work on your art? PSS offers online remote mixing sessions. Video chat with one of our talented audio engineers and receive top of the line advice, tips, and tricks to
TAKE YOUR SONG TO THE NEXT LEVEL.